C+W is approaching a century in business. Established in 1924 to serve central Virginia, it provides large-scale installations, such as conference centers, office complexes, data centers, petrochemical labs and hospitals. It had also previously done work at VCU. In 2016, it completed the VCU Health System Children’s hospital and installed normal and emergency electrical services renovation at the college’s Cabell Library, which is one of the school’s busiest buildings. The library also included a 90,000-square-foot expansion. C+W is working on the VCU Engineering Building expansion two blocks east of the GRC and the VCU Health System Adult Outpatient facility downtown—a 17-story high-rise.